The El Monte Fire Department say a man became a victim today when he answered his door at 5 a.m. this morning and was splashed with gasoline by an unknown person. Authorities say the front of his house immediately erupted in flames because of the incident.
While emergency units were on their way, police say neighbors helped extinguish the fire. Damage is estimated to be a few hundred
dollars because the flames only damaged the front door and carpet say investigators.
Authorities say the man was not sent to the hospital due to any injuries.
If you have further information about this case, please call (626) 258-8634.