City officials say if you are a “Green Superstar” or you know someone who is, then you or them need to be publicly recognized for your environmental efforts. The City of Pasadena say they are offering “Green City Awards” to local businesses, non-profit organizations, schools, artists, and individuals who have demonstrated outstanding improvements in keeping the city “clean”.
Organizers say the “2013 Green City Awards” will be presented during the Earth and Arts Festival on Saturday, April 20th. They say the award program includes eight categories:
- Energy—conservation, alternative energy generation/purchasing
- Waste Reduction—reducing, reusing, recycling, composting
- Urban Design—green building, urban planning, green jobs
- Urban Nature—tree planting, habitat protection, litter abatement
- Transportation—clean vehicles, congestion reduction, public transit
- Environmental Health—toxic reduction, organic foods, air quality improvement
- Water—conservation, pollution prevention, waste water reduction
- Innovation/Start-up—new concepts or ideas, trail blazers
Administrators say applicants may nominate themselves or someone else may nominate them. They say the “Green City Award” applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 3rd.
If you are interested in this prestigious award for yourself or another applicant, these forms are available online at: www.cityofpasadena.net. Please click on the “Green City Awards Application” on the homepage under FYI Pasadena.
When you are done completing the award application, it may be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to (626) 744-7085. You can also choose to mail the application to: City of Pasadena, Department of Public Works/SMIWM Division, Attn: Gabriel Silva, P.O Box 7115, Pasadena, CA 91109.
For more information regarding the “Green City Awards,” please contact Gabriel Silva, Environmental Programs Manager, at (626)744-4721 or firstname.lastname@example.org.