Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue cut and cover activities on Flower St between 5th St and 6th St.
Weekend closures will start at 7 pm on Friday, September 8, 2017 and will remain in place through 5am on Monday,
September 11, 2017. The closures will continue every weekend, except on holidays, for approximately 3 months.
The following activities will take place during the closure: saw cutting, roadway removal, pile installation, excavation, protection of utilities and temporary deck panels will be installed.
Deck panels will serve as a temporary roadway to facilitate excavation and construction of the tunnel box while maintaining access to thru traffic at street level.
Local access to businesses will be maintained during the closure from Hope St or Grand Av. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside the construction area.
This work will be coordinated with other activities in the corridor, including the 6th St. closure at the intersection of 6th St. and Flower St.
What to Expect
- Flower St traffic detour to Grand Av at 1st St, to Wilshire Bl, back to Flower St.
- Southbound I-110 traffic detour to 4th St off-ramp, to Grand Av, to Wilshire Bl, back to Flower St.
- Northbound I-110 off-ramp traffic detour onto eastbound 9th St. off-ramp to Hope St, to 7th St back to Flower St.
- Eastbound 6th St. thru traffic detour to southbound Bixel St, to eastbound Wilshire Bl, back to Flower St.
- Southbound Flower St traffic will detour westbound at 3rd St to Beaudry, to Wilshire Bl, back to Flower St.
- For the Westlawn parking garage access will be from Grand Av south of 5th St.
- For the California Club and Paragon Parking detour westbound at 3rd St to Beaudry, to Wilshire Bl and access from Hope St.
News release from Metro.